What is The Catholic Center For Charismatic Renewal?
The Catholic Center for Charismatic Renewal (CCCR) is an Office of the Archdiocese of San Antonio, Texas. It was established in December 1977 in response to the multitudes of people experiencing rebirth in the Holy Spirit and the widespread development of prayer groups throughout the archdiocese.
The first office was at St. James Parish and Fr. Enda McKenna was appointed by Archbishop Patrick F. Flores as Spiritual Director and later was made full-time director of the CCCR and Liaison to the Archbishop.
In 1979, the Renewal Center was moved to the present location in the former St. Henry’s Academy building located at 1707 S. Flores St.
On October 1, 1985, then Msgr. Thomas J. Flanagan, now Bishop Flanagan, succeeded Fr. McKenna as director of the CCCR and Liaison to the Archbishop.
On December 15, 2005, Pope Benedict XVI accepted and announced the retirement of Bishop Flanagan. Archbishop Gomez congratulated and accepted Bishop Flanagan’s zeal to continue as Liaison to the Archdiocese.
On January 1, 2007, Fr. Bob Hogan become Associate Liaison to the Archbishop. He works with Bishop Flanagan to advance the Vision and Mission of Charismatic Renewal.
The VISION of the Catholic Center for Charismatic Renewal is to help people live a renewed and empowered Catholic-Christian life through the power of the Holy Spirit, in order to fulfill the mission of the Church, which is Evangelization. Furthermore, to have a greater clarity about who we are and what our work is about, a
MISSION statement was developed using the National Service Committee of the Catholic Charismatic Renewal of the United States mission statement as a guideline.